Hello wonderful friends! My book has just dropped in price to 8.99 on Amazon!
It’s called, What The Church Won’t Talk About: Real Questions From Real People About Raw, Gritty, Everyday Faith.
The Foreword is by the amazing T.B. LaBerge of tblaberge and the cover art is by my most excellent friend Rob Connelly.
I talk about a ton of things, including doubts, dry seasons, depression, relationships, porn addiction, trials, abortion, sexuality, social reform, family conflicts, and apologetics. If you’re blessed by the book, please consider writing a review on Amazon!
Love y’all and be blessed, dear friends!
Praying you each encounter His wonderful heart-shaping grace!
My books are on Amazon for less than nine dollars and the e-books are four!
– What The Church Won’t Talk About
– The Christianese Dating Culture
Pictures of my book from friends all over! From:
Eric Choi in Chicago, Illinois
Deb Simon in Cadillac, Michigan
Alexa Rae in Long Island, New York
Chan-Woo Park at UF in Gainesville, Florida
One of my mentors, Pastor Jake English in Lutz, FL
The book is on Amazon in both paperback and e-book, for sale here!
If you got the paperback, the e-book drops to 1.99. Be blessed and love y’all 🙂
My dear beloved friend:
– No one really has it all together yet. We force so many self-pressuring parameters on our performance that most of us are neurotic, twitchy, over-productive busybodies with no real destination. In a culture where we celebrate only victory and are scared to talk about defeat: please don’t measure yourself on an impossible grading scale. Don’t measure your private moments with everyone else’s highlight reels.
– Mistakes are how you learn. Everyone is afraid of failure: so we protect ourselves by bargaining with the teacher or begging for extensions or ensuring we never get a scraped knee. Such a pampered coddled culture will keep you feeling safe for a while, but it’ll also keep you sterile, shrink-wrapped, and cold. It’s a lifeless journey. It’s okay to make mistakes, and occasionally it’s even better. Scrape a knee, brush it off, get up and move on. Learn from the past and laugh with it too.
– You’re doing better than you think. You’re in the middle of your motion, so it’s hard to see where you are. But so long as you’ve been taking one heavy step forward after another, no matter how awkward your stumbling, then this is worth celebrating. Every moment you’ve done right is a miracle in itself.
– Be willing to pursue a new dream. Sometimes we try so hard to grab our old dreams that we’re not open to new ones. We look too long in the rearview instead of what’s ahead of us. I’ve missed a lot of opportunities this way. But keep your eyes open for open doors, and be flexible enough for a new vision that will be even better than the last.
– Dear Christian: Your confidence is in Him. We are works in progress looking towards the work finished, Jesus. We believe in a God who knew we couldn’t ever reach perfection, so perfection came to us. If you feel like you’ve failed today, the very reason Jesus came was to take on your failures, your ego, your pride, your pain, your sorrows, your sin. And He’ll keep working on you until glory. Everything good in you is God in you: and anything bad in you, He’s working on that.
This is His grace.
— J.S. from What The Church Doesn’t Talk About
Hello dear wonderful friends!
My e-book will be released this coming Monday, September 29th!
It’s called What The Church Won’t Talk About: Real Questions From Real People About Raw, Gritty, Everyday Faith.
Here’s the book description:
Continue reading “My E-Book Is Releasing September 29th Monday!”
I’m thrilled to have T.B. LaBerge write my Foreword for my upcoming e-book, releasing next week (September 29th!). He also reveals my first name.
Here it is. Thank you, my amazing brother!
Continue reading “Foreword: A Better Place For You, by T.B. LaBerge”