In case you were interested, the sermon podcasts I’ve been listening to lately and why.
As always, please listen and watch with discernment. And if you’re a sermon junkie like me, please practice good boundaries.
– Francis Chan. He’s been preaching recently at Reality Church in California. He’s still by far my favorite preacher of all time. I get scared to listen to him because I know afterward I’ll have to repent and change something: which is a good thing. One of his more recent sermons has one of the best illustrations I’ve ever seen.
– Timothy Keller. Highly intellectual and he reaches soaring heights about the beauty of the Gospel. My favorite by him is still the one on the Red Sea.
– Andy Stanley. I know most people consider him “Lite Churchianity,” but he has such clear practical wisdom that it’ll clear the cobwebs quickly. His current series is a great gut check.
– Matt Chandler. At times he is so abrasive I can hardly stand his voice, but other times I praise God for his clarity, boldness, and honesty. His series Recovering Redemption is a punch in the heart.
– Mark Driscoll. There are a million opinions about Pastor Mark, but I can tell he loves Jesus and he’s often like a shot of spiritual espresso. For a very human look at his struggles, check out his documentary.
– Louie Giglio. All I can say is: totally gracious. Pastor Louie gets you closer to God every single time.
– Ravi Zacharias. He’s one of the first preachers I’ve ever heard when I first became a Christian, and he remains a strong voice in my spiritual foundation. Artsy, humorous, intellectual, and relatable.
If you have any recommendations, please feel free to share.
Be blessed ..!