– Hello! I would like to ask for book recommendations for someone sick. My friend was recently diagnosed w/ lupus and I’d like to bring her closer to God and stronger in her faith. 🙂 thanks in advance and a response would really mean a lot. God bless!
Hey my friend. There are many good books for this, but here are a few very encouraging ones.
– Searching For God Knows What, by Donald Miller. A very in-depth journey into the kind of faith you’ve always wanted to have, but never knew you could. Miller has a wonderful voice.
– Jesus Storybook Bible, by Sally Lloyd-Jones. This is not just a kid’s book. It will straight up make you cry tears of joy.
– The Grace of God, by Andy Stanley. This is one of the best books I have ever read on God’s grace, and helped me to fall in love with Jesus even more.
– Jesus, a Novel, by Walter Wangerin Jr. A re-telling of the four gospels written in a great literary style. While some of the characterizations will be different than what you pictured, this is a creative re-imagining that will make the gospels new all over again. I wept several times in Starbucks reading this one.
– King’s Cross, by Timothy Keller. This has been renamed into Jesus The King. Keller in his usual gripping style goes into the Book of Mark to show how Jesus is the cosmic narrative of every epic story in the world. No other book has come close to bringing me to my knees in prayer.
I’ll be praying too.
Any book recommendations or favorites? Thankfully I have some extra reading time over the summer break.
In addition to the ones I recommended above, also check out:
– Prodigal God, by Timothy Keller
– Know Doubt, by John Ortberg
– Heroes and Monsters, by Josh Riebock
– The Weight of Glory, by C.S. Lewis
– A Million Miles In A Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
– Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning
– A Little Pot of Oil, by Jill Briscoe
– The Meaning of Marriage, by Timothy and Kathy Keller
Read about them online first to see which ones you’d like, and as always, read with discernment!
Here’s a list of recommend books.
Here is my Goodreads list of every book I’ve ever read, with star ratings.