Update on this post about donating half of my salary away.
First of all, thank you to the dozens of people who have shown support and encouragement.
Thanks to my friend Christine for sending me a $100 Starbucks gift card.
Thanks also to my mom, who is not a Christian, who lovingly understands what I’m trying to do.
After some discussions and ruminating, I thought I would be a little smarter about it.
– Each month I’ll put $900 or more in savings.
– This will accrue at least a little interest.
– At the end of the year, I’ll have at least $10,000.
– Over the year I’ll pray about an awesome charity.
– I’m looking into: clean water for third world nations, rescuing slaves in the sex trafficking industry, Medical Teams International, Samaritan’s Purse, Compassion, and some others that were recommended. I’m still taking suggestions.
– After contacting some charities, I will donate the entire $10,000 to one charity.
Some other decisions:
– Contrary to what I wrote before, I will set aside a tiny budget for groceries. Mostly I’ll be praying God helps me with food. I will not dine out unless asked to lunch, which in that case I’ll just watch my friends eat (creeper style).
– Upon the insistence of multiple people, I won’t cancel my insurance.
– My mom suggested I get another part-time job, which I will probably do.
Thanks again for your prayers and kindness. Love you all!